Articular exercises. A practice that suits everyone
Joints are the epicenter of our movements, their good condition gives health to the whole skeleton. What is joint? This is the articulation or connection of two or more bones, which are attached to each other in a two — layer joint bag, sealing the cavity of the joint and secreting lubricant-synovial fluid.
The joint can't move on its own. It is driven by muscles. Without each other, they can not exist and together form the articular apparatus, so motor activity, which will be discussed in this article, it is more correct to call muscle-joint gymnastics.
Sedentary lifestyle( hypodynamia), reduction of strength and volume of movements due to computerization (hypokinesia) have become integral attributes of modern life. Arthritis, arthrosis and osteochondrosis at a young age in our time will not surprise anyone. Those suffering from diseases of the musculoskeletal system do not make attempts to get rid of this disease on their own without expensive and not always effective medical intervention and do not even assume that this is possible.
Enough 5-20 minutes of daily exercise for the joints to strengthen the body, to return to good health and vigor. Simple dynamic movements, such as head left and right, hands up and down, feet in a circle, and so on, outwardly seem simple, but in fact give the necessary load on the muscles and joints, allowing the whole system of the body to function properly. Our skeleton every day needs such micro-movements and we're shorting him hard, thinking that will stay healthy for a stroll through 50 meters from the house to the shop and from the office to your own car…
Systematic and complex performance of joint gymnastics can lead a person to relative health for six months-a year, depending on the initial state of the bone system of the individual. It takes a little time — from 20 to 45 minutes and is available to all: children, adults with poor health, people aged, patients in rehabilitation after serious diseases.
What gives the lesson of joint gymnastics
Another advantage of muscle-joint gymnastics is that its various parts can be performed anywhere. If you are driving in a traffic jam, you can work out the neck movements of the head in different planes and partly shoulders; sitting at a Desk in the office, you can stretch your elbows, hands, arms along the entire length and chest, make sideways bends and twisting back.
The body itself often dictates the character and amplitude of movements. When, after sitting for an hour in one position, you lift your arms up and stretch, you release the tension from the upper body; sinking into the chair and straightening your legs under the table, you relax the bottom. Prolonged sitting in the same position, monotony of movements are painful for the joints. Feeling numb, numb, they try to tell us about it.
What gives the joint motor activity? While driving it "squeezes" the lubrication of cartilage, shock pressure and gets the necessary nutrition. The stronger the connecting bones press on each other, the more synovial fluid is released, while changing its composition, becoming more viscous.
Viscosity instantly changes from the change of load and temperature of the medium: quick and easy movements reduce it and, accordingly, the coefficient of friction, a large load increases the viscosity, evenly distributing the pressure on the joint and increasing its cushioning.
Immobilized joint very soon dries. So micro-movements that people underestimate perform an important mission, making joints mobile in everyday situations and preparing them for more serious loads.
It is worth mentioning the ligaments that hold the joints in a certain position. They are moderately elastic to give the movement the desired amplitude in the absence of mobility lose elasticity and do not keep the joint, therefore, people damage the ligaments and break arms, legs, seemingly out of the blue.
It is impossible to maintain the health of joints without optimal load, because movement is the basis of their health. It is better to give muscle and joint gymnastics some time and work out the musculoskeletal system in all directions of mobility. It will pay off with a vengeance.
Athletes in the warm-up necessarily include elements of joint gymnastics. This is an excellent warming up, General strengthening of the body, its flexibility, training of will, self-confidence, good reaction and attention. Bonuses and receives the psyche, because when the body is working, resting mind. A person feels a surge of strength and mood.
Complex joint exercises
Muscle-joint gymnastics shows including people with injuries and fractures. After passing the main treatment, the doctor selects a set of exercises to return motor activity to the damaged organs. Rehabilitation in such cases is much easier and faster.
Pregnant or women in the postpartum period, the elderly, people with thyroid diseases, hypertension, Oncology, acute infectious diseases before performing gymnastics should consult a doctor to avoid undesirable consequences.
Some countries, realizing the importance of HLS, created their national gymnastics: China, Germany, Sweden. The latter gave the world new gymnastic equipment, such as the Swedish wall. More popular methods of joint exercises dikulya, norbekova, Bubnov and others. Cervical spine, hip joints, knees, that is the specific area, as well working on specialized systems. Usually in such complexes, the coaches give first restorative exercise to warm up, and after they spend more time working the problem areas of the skeleton.
The body is a whole, so the failure of one element directly or indirectly affects the work of others. The principle is simple: if you suffer, for example, cervical-thoracic osteochondrosis, it is this part of the body is to work more actively in the classroom muscle-joint gymnastics.
Exercises joint exercises
Anyone can pick up exercise muscle-joint exercises to the individual needs by selecting the desired items from the standard program. Workout you can start from the top:in the standing position performed first, turns head to the side, then up and down, circular motion. These and subsequent exercises you should perform at least 10-20 times;
- stretch your shoulders, elbows, arms and hands in any order. Circular movements of the shoulders back and forth together and alternately. Bend your arms at the elbow, raise them to shoulder level and rotate your hands. Then rotate fully straightened hands back and forth together and alternately. You can perform Mahi straight hands back and forth, as do skiers. Do not forget about the brush: rotate them in the wrist joints in a circle, squeeze and unclench your fists 20 times, move your fingers as if scratching something. Pull each finger with the other hand;
- study of the thoracic and back. Staying in the standing position, you can make easy turns body left and right, slopes in the lumbar back and forth, circular rotation of the upper body. Hands on waist, chest are putting forward, elbows back, trying to bring together the blades, then hiding back, bring the elbows forward, trying to lengthen the distance between the shoulder blades;
- you can get on all fours and perform the exercise " Cat " perfectly kneading the spine along the entire length. This position makes it possible to go to the warm-up of the hip joint. Perform Mahi back alternately with each leg, straight or bent at the knee. Then we try to take one by one each leg to the side and hold a little on the weight of the muscles of the press and hips parallel to the floor. Waist band with a force pull on yourself;
- remaining in the position of a cat, knees under hips strictly on the spot, and hands, setting one in front of the other, go left then slowly to the right, slightly twisting these sides of the upper part of the body;
- the knees can be stretched both standing and sitting, making back and forth Mahi or circular movements in the knee joint, supporting the hips from below with your hands. And you can also lie on your back and perform Mahi, circular and undulating movements, as during swimming;
- move to feet. Sitting, you can pull the knee to him and holding his foot with his hand to turn it. Perform the movement on the other leg. Stretch your legs, wiggle your toes in free mode. Squeeze them as if you want to hold a small object with them, and unclench them. Pull the foot hard and then lower to the floor, pulling the instep to the extreme position, as if you want to touch the floor with your fingers. Make circular rotations of the feet around the ankle together and alternately.
The best time for gymnastics is in the morning. Perform all movements should be regularly, at least 20 times in a smooth mode and comfortable amplitude before meals or after-after two to four hours. You can do gymnastics in the evening-an hour before bedtime. With the growth of skill, muscle and joint gymnastics will take less time, and the effect will increase.
Yoga and joint exercises
India gave the world a joint gymnastics called Sukshma vyayama, preparing to perform the basic physical exercises of yoga-asanas and pranayams. Approximate translation of the phrase ‘ 'soft warm-up, exercise'. The Sukshma vyayama a lot of variations. The most common variant of exercises in the tradition of Dhirendra Brahmachari.
The difference between Indian joint gymnastics from others is that it works not only the physical body, but also the energy and psyche. It harmoniously alternates relaxation and tension. Together with the micro-movements of different parts of the body in this gymnastics trains human attention, there is work with images and breathing.
Exercises of the complex can be an excellent preparation for yoga asanas, and practice independently of them, providing a comprehensive healing effect on the body. They are very similar to the movements of the above muscle-joint gymnastics, but those involved note a stronger impact and effect of Sukshma vyayama. If the first is similar to exercise therapy and gives good physical health, the second plus gives energy, self-confidence, inner strength, mobility and endurance.
Articular exercises of yoga
Joint exercises of yogis can also be performed in parts. Concentration on breathing, when each movement corresponds to its own breathing cycle and a special type of breathing (kapalabhati, bhastrika), for most practitioners is not difficult and enhances the kneading, warming up aspect. Movements can start from the top down, or bottom up, or from the extremities to the centre, comprehensively working through deep-lying muscles and tight joints.
A little harder practicing joint exercises of yoga to control our attention: crowding in mind is not focus, but as you descend into the complex and strict adherence to the instructions in "slowing down" and restless mind. At this stage, connecting the imagination, you can start working with images.
So, performing head tilts, cover your eyes and mentally try to see the kneaded neck in the same place where it is. We begin to listen to the sensations in this part of the body, imagine how the ligaments soften, "allowing" the joints a large amplitude of movement, as the blood flow through the vessels and veins accelerates. Thus, draw pictures on your internal screen. This brings awareness to the exercise.
During the practice of joint exercises of yogis joined by vyayama often overlooked the following points:
- load increase gradually. If discomfort occurs, reduce it;
- pace choose variable — from slow to fast, avoiding monotony and haste;
- analyze feelings;
- follow the correct posture and calm breathing (in cases where you do not work with it purposefully);
- do not change the sequence of the complex;
- perform joint exercises systematically and on an empty stomach.
For experienced practitioners, there is a kind of joint yoga gymnastics called Sthula vyayama, which roughly means 'rough exercises'. Often the same exercise can be performed in Sukshma and sthula variations. In the latter case, when the body is prepared, the exercises can be performed in a tense manner with special breathing (accentuated exhalation) and the inclusion of deep squats, slopes, running in place, jumping. Such movements develop musculature, strength, endurance and other similar qualities.