Translation from Sanskrit: "Posture, intensifying the fire"
Agni Stambhan suitable for the practice of pranayama and meditation helpful for stress and depression because it calms and clarifies the mind.
Agni Stambhan: technique
- sit in Baddha Konasana (Bound angle pose)
- move your right foot or ankle to your left knee and open your feet as much as possible
- if the hip joints are not sufficiently mobile, place the right foot on the left calf muscle, and place a folded blanket under the knee
- begin to lean forward slowly, stretching the spine and pressing the sciatic bones against the support.
- when the slightest discomfort in the area of the knee joints, exit the pose.
- sit in the Dandasana position with your legs straight forward
- bend your left leg and place it on the floor in front of You
- the calf of the leg should be with the hip angle of approximately 90 degrees
- bend your right leg and place it on your left leg
- your right foot should be on your left knee and your right knee on your left foot.
- stay in the position from 30 to 40 seconds and then change the position of the legs
- asana is very useful for pelvic development: it stretches the groin and pelvic organs, and improves blood circulation in this area
- opens shoulder and hip joints, strengthens legs and calves
- promotes digestion and cures lower back pain
- helps relieve stress, tension and anxiety
- injuries to the lower back
- knee injury